Please all Recipes must be tested and absolutely loved before you submit them!!

Friday, April 1, 2011

Chicken Enchilada's

This is one of my favorite recipes. I however do not have exact measurements for this. It was told to me verbally once. So worth trying if you don't mind not having the exact measurements. I did try and attempt some so here goes.

Chicken Enchilada's

2 large chicken breasts cut into chunks and cooked
1-2 c. Cheese (depends on how cheesy you like it. and save a little for the top)
Half a bottle of Salsa or more if you like. I generally add some to the uncooked chicken and then more when I make up the filling mixture.
1 small carton of whipping cream (I generally just get the whipping cream not the heavy)
wheat or white tortilla's (I use wheat tortillas)


Cook chicken and let cool for about a minute or two. Then add cheese and Salsa, mix well. In a deep plate or pie tin pour whipping cream enough to cover the bottom of the tin or plate. Place a tortilla in the whipping cream and then turn over. Put chicken filling in the center of the tortilla, wrap and place in a casserole dish. Continue wrapping until chicken filling is gone. Pour additional whipping cream over completed rolled enchiladas. I don't add very much but just enough to make it a little extra creamy. You can then add any extra cheese or salsa to the top if desired. Place in oven for about twenty minutes or so or until it's bubbles and a little brown. As for the temp. I can't remember what the original recipe called for so I normally put it between 350-450. I know that is so vague. If you want them a little crispy then put oven on broil for a minute or two to crisp top.

No comments:

Post a Comment